Wednesday, October 7, 2009

BP7_2009102_Web2.0_Tools-Music_Teacher's_Helper

Music Teacher's Helper (http://musicteachershelper.com) is a pretty cool tool. It is specifically designed for private studio teachers, but I can see a lot of ways that I could use it, too.
Billed as a "personal assistant" for music teachers, this is a great organizational tool.

Using this tool, teachers can:

  • Create a website
  • Utilize a calendar which can show student lessons, concert dates, field trips, etc.
    • Teachers can give their student a username and password to log in and view this calendar.
    • Teachers can add notes to specific events on the calendar
    • Teachers can set up automatic event reminders and Music Teacher's helper will send an e-mail to selected students and parents
  • Send mass e-mails
  • Organize and manage a lending library
  • Track repertoire that individual students (or ensembles) have played
  • Store notes on students (they can be made private or e-mailed to students and parents).
  • Manage money
    • Lesson payments for private teachers
    • Activity fee (rental fees, equipment, etc.) for classroom teachers
    • Create invoices (You can even set up automatic invoicing.)
I think that this tool is pretty amazing. One little tool that can keep track of so much! As a traveling teacher, I can see this saving my life in more ways than one. It does require a paid subscription for more than 3 students, but I think I can use the free version--I will treat each of the schools I teach at as a "student."












© Music Teacher's Helper (http://musicteachershelper.com)


References:
Music teacher's helper. (2009). http://www.musicteachershelper.com

1 comment:

  1. I would love to have a review of how this actually works for you. Looks great!

    ReplyDelete